It is no secret that Disney’s Hollywood Studios is undergoing a major overhaul. I have recently noticed many people questioning whether they should skip a visit to this particular park until the new Star Wars and Toy Story lands are completed. And while I will miss the closed attractions (see my article on saying goodbye here), I am still a huge fan of Hollywood Studios. So, should you still consider using a day of your Walt Disney World vacation at Hollywood Studios? Absolutely! Here are five reasons you will still have an amazing time despite the closures.
1. The Rides- Ok, so we lost a few attractions at Hollywood Studios, but the major rides are still there! Enjoy a drop on Tower of Terror, speed through Rock’n’Roller Coaster, outscore your riding partner on Toy Story Midway Mania and travel to a galaxy far, far away on Star Tours. The rides at Hollywood Studios are some of the best in all of Walt Disney World. I would go for Rock’n’Roller Coaster alone!
2. The Shows- Even though we bid farewell to Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show, Hollywood Studios still offers amazing shows like Beauty and the Beast- Live On Stage, Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular and For the First Time in Forever- A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration. These shows are top notch and so enjoyable. And Disney Junior Live on Stage is exceptional for little ones.
3. The Dining- Not much has changed in the way of dining at Hollywood Studios. There was a loss of a couple of quick services (Pizza Planet, sniff, sniff), and the theming of Writer’s Stop may be changing (breaks my heart), but the table service options, snacks and other quick service spots are the same. In fact, the addition of Mickey, Minnie and friends at Hollywood & Vine for dinner makes up for some of the loss and offers a great character dining option. See how we enjoyed our character dining experience Minnie’s Seasonal Dine with some of our favorite characters at Hollywood & Vine here.
4. The Experiences- Watch your little one train to be a Jedi at Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple. Enjoy the nighttime Star Wars-inspired Symphony in the Stars: A Galactic Spectacular. Take a stroll through the Star Wars Launch Bay and enjoy meeting some of your favorite Star Wars characters. Offerings like Club Villain add to the overall experience of Hollywood Studios (for an extra cost ). The magic experiences are still there, flowing freely throughout the park.
5. Fantasmic- One of the most amazing, wonderful, magical, breathtaking, night-time shows in all of Walt Disney World, Fantasmic is enough to draw in tons of visitors to Hollywood Studios, and rightfully so. If you have never seen Fantasmic, don’t miss it!
At Walt Disney World, things are always changing. While I have a hard time containing my excitement for the new lands, and I do miss the closed attractions and meets, I truly believe that Hollywood Studios remains a must-do park when visiting Disney World, at least for our family. The magic of Disney is still there, along with the thrills and fun.
Ready to see Hollywood Studios and enjoy a magical trip to Walt Disney World? !